To our valued client’s, QHA members and friends,
Firstly, and above all else, we hope you and your loved ones are safe and well and that this remains the case until this pandemic is over.
Secondly, we would like to express our deepest sympathy for the impact this crisis has had, and will continue to have, on the hospitality industry. Having worked in this space for more than 30 years, we have gotten to know many of you very personally and we feel extreme sadness for the losses you have experienced.
At Mullins, this week we moved all of our staff to work from home arrangements for their safety and the safety of society. Whilst working remotely, we are confident we can help you during this turbulent time and encourage you to call if you are in need. This is certainly a time for us all to support each other.
Our Mullins team have received numerous queries from members of the hospitality industry, including in relation to:
- Applications – applying for and seeking approval of liquor and gaming applications, including for detached bottleshops, alterations and extended trading hours.
- General Licensing Advice – providing advices on the impact of the closure of licensed hotel venues on your liquor and gaming licences, and your ongoing ability to trade in accordance with the Government’s new restrictions.
- Employment – what your rights as business owners are in relation to your employees and what assistance is available to your employees through the Government stimulus packages.
- Migration – how to deal with any of your staff who are on working VISA’s and how to handle existing VISA applications.
- Lease Advice – reviewing your existing lease and providing advice in relation to essential clauses including the rent abatement provisions.
Many of these matters are evolving day by day, and we continue to stay on top of the newest developments announced by our Government.
As always, please make sure you call us if you need us – we are here to help you get through this time.
I’m sure I speak for my team when I say, we cannot wait to catch up with you all for a beer in your hotel when this is all over.