The federal Government recently released a 1.2bn initiative subsidising flights throughout Australia to support tourism recovery. This is great news for Accommodation Providers, as it provides some confidence that state and territory borders will remain open. If you operate in Cairns, Hamilton Island, Maroochydore or the Gold Coast you can still take advantage and start marketing to customers.
Here’s a breakdown of where they’re coming from:
Into the Gold Coast
Adelaide – Gold Coast
Melbourne – Gold Coast
Sydney – Gold Coast
Canberra – Gold Coast
Avalon – Gold Coast
Tropical North Queensland
Melbourne – Cairns
Sydney – Cairns
Darwin – Cairns
Whitsundays and Mackay region
Sydney – Hamilton Island
Sydney – M'dore
Melbourne – M'dore
Adelaide – M'dore
Here are our top tips around ‘How to Market Your Hotel’:
- Pay for social media advertising to target new customers. Face book or Instagram allow you to set a daily/weekly budget, even if you don’t spend a lot, start small and get yourself seen by people who don’t normally book your property. Make sure your audience is targeted.
- Ensure your hotel booking engine integrates seamlessly with Google Hotel Ads, and has you listed on Google Free Hotel Bookings. Your booking engine should also have the key elements that converts new customers like OTA comparison tools, subscribe and unlock special offers and a quick click to book process. Get a demo
- Check your website & OTA listings have current images and property information. We recommend to start ticking more boxes on OTA extranets to boost up your ranking, given that research shows that 70% of consumers start their travel search on OTA’s.
- Update your social media strategy and the way you run your social media. Stop selling your rooms in every post, and start showing travellers why they should stay at your property through fun, engaging and local content.
- If marketing is NOT your area of expertise – hire a professional to see results. Nuvho is offering QHA Members a 1 hour FREE consultation, with takeaway goal plan as well as 10% off products and services through to July 2021 to assist in supporting tourism recovery.
If you are looking to upgrade your website, our packages start from as little as $170 per month and include a new website layout.
Social media packages start at $800 per month and include content management and creation tailored to your hotel, created to get results.
We also offer QHA members 10% off products and services as well as no cost, obligation free 1 hour consult in which we provide a goal plan based on your current.
Reach out directly to Nuvho’s Queensland Hotels expert and Director Sandra Swatton if you need assistance or a chat Ph: 0420 589 964 Email: Sandra.email@example.com
Check out the Nuvho video below to see what we’re all about & visit our website for more information.