Diageo Australia, under their local hero brand Bundaberg Rum, have established a fund called ‘Raising the Bar’ which is designed to help our industry recover from COVID-19 supporting jobs and communities in Queensland. Through the fund, on-premise outlets can apply for support including practical equipment and services.
The QHA submitted a proposal to help address the financial burden faced by hoteliers due to high levels of staff turnover, particularly those in regional and rural areas. This proposal, which funds a significant amount of free training for Queensland hotels, was accepted by Diageo Australia and the program will be underway soon.
The QHA will deliver 300 x Responsible Management of Licensed Venues (RMLV) course places to Queensland hotel liquor licensed venues free of charge, to a total value of $118,000. This will upskill eligible hotel staff to meet the OLGR criteria to apply for a liquor Approved Manager licence.
The details are:
- The Program will initially focus upon hotels situated in regional and rural areas.
- This Program will be rolled out over a 12 month period beginning the end of June 2021.
- Funding is available for both QHA member and non-member hotels.
- Training places will only be eligible for staff who have yet to previously undertake an RMLV course, and not for current Approved Managers who are seeking recertification.
- Only one (1) RMLV course per hotel will be available for eligible applicants.
- For groups of ten or more hotels, a limit will be placed upon applications.
- Participants will receive an authorised OLGR Licensee’s Course Certificate upon successful completion of the training and requisite assessment.
- The RMLV training will be delivered exclusively by the QHA within the bounds of our current training program, via attendance and/or video conference courses.
- The funding is for an RMLV training course only and not for an Approved Manager’s licence.
We will be delivering this program on a region by region basis beginning in Cairns and the Far North, then heading south (over a 12 month period). We will contact your venue when applications open for your respective region.
This Program will be a practical way for Diageo Australia to generously give a leg up to hotel venues impacted by difficult trading conditions over the past year and will be gratefully received by the industry. For further information contact the QHA Training Department: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07 3221 6999.