Dear QHA Member,
There has been a further easing of some of the Stage 3 trading restrictions - CLICK HERE for the roadmap
As of 4pm today (Friday 2 October), patrons will NOT be required to be seated when eating or drinking.
As of 1am yesterday (Thursday 1 October):
- All businesses may have one person per 2 square metres on their premises in outdoor areas
- Events for up to 1,000 people no longer require a COVID Safe Event Plan and can operate under the COVID Safe Event Checklist
There are no changes to the existing 1 person per 4 square meters indoor density
- Can be fixed or temporary structures
- Must not be fully enclosed
- Must be open to the elements with natural air-flow ventilation
- Balconies and verandas can be outdoor areas with sufficient natural air-flow ventilation
For example, an outdoor marquee structure with the sides open would be an outdoor area. If the sides were enclosed it would NOT be classified as an outdoor area.
NOT CONSIDERED OUTDOOR AREAS:
- an enclosed outdoor marquee would NOT be classified as an outdoor area
- opening bi-fold doors to indoor areas will NOT constitute an outdoor area
- internal courtyards are NOT considered outdoor areas
Weather contingencies should be considered for planning purposes and venues should err on the side of caution and COVID-risk when planning capacity.
Venues should also manage overall capacity and the transition of people from outdoor to indoor areas.
UPDATES TO THE COVID SAFE INDUSTRY PLAN FOR HOTELS, CLUBS, NIGHTCLUBS AND ADULT ENTERTAINMENT
QHA is working with OLGR and Queensland Health on firmer definitions and updates to our Industry COVID-Safe Plan – this information will be provided asap.
The updated Plan when available can be found HERE
The updated Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction (No. 6) can be found HERE
Queensland Health has provided a definition of “What is Outdoors?” on the direction FAQ page.
Please contact the QHA for any assistance or clarification as required.
Cheers and keep trading well,
Industry Engagement Manager