Hostplus Hospitality Scholarship
Do you know a top performer in the hospitality industry? They won’t want to miss this!
As proud partners of the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival, we’re giving a rising star from the next generation of Australian hospitality workers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to fast-track their professional development. They’ll return to work with a new skillset and a new perspective. That’s a plus.
The winner’s prize will be tailored to their career interests – from the paddock to the kitchen, the cellar to the dining room and everywhere in between. Past finalists include not just chefs, waiters and managers but also young baristas, butchers, bakers and other hospitality professionals.
This year the prize includes:
- a five-day work experience within Australia
- up to $1,500 towards flights
- up to $1,750 towards accommodation
- $1,000 in cash
- up to $5,000 to spend on professional development, training tools or equipment
- $500 worth of tickets to attend the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival events in 2024 PLUS
- A year-long mentorship with a local industry leader in their chosen field
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must:
- be aged between 22 and 35
- demonstrate ambition and a drive to succeed in the hospitality industry
- are highly skilled and knowledgeable in a specific discipline within the hospitality industry
- demonstrate leadership with the potential to shape the future of the hospitality industry
- act in a professional manner and have a willingness to share their skills and knowledge with others
- have an understanding and willingness to communicate in the digital space.
Applications are now open until Monday 26 June.
Learn more at hostplus.com.au/hospitality-scholarship