Dear QHA Members and Partners,
As you will be aware, the restrictions in force for South East Queensland (11 LGA’s) have been extended for another week (until 6am next Friday 23 July) – these are explained in detail below.
The restrictions have been lifted for Townsville, Magnetic and Palm Islands which now return to the same restrictions as the rest of the state. (i.e. No masks, 1:2sqm, check-in app and personal hygiene).
For those in the South East Queensland, keep up the excellent work and let’s hope we can make progress in a week’s time.
I would also like to make members and partners aware of a commitment the QHA (through the AHA) have made to the Federal Government that we would encourage all members that are able to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to do so as soon as possible. As you have no doubt heard me mention before, QHA are not in the business of offering medical advice. IF you have a legitimate medical condition that is a discussion for you and your medical professional.
On a business front the QHA want to be very clear – we will NEVER be free of restrictions and crippling lockdowns until the vast majority of Queenslanders are vaccinated. There is absolutely nothing wrong with members expressing this to their staff or their patrons. If anyone has paid attention to the changes in the UK and USA to trading conditions it has all been on the back of better vaccination rates than Australia. This from two countries that were in dire straits 6 months ago, and Australia had a sense of superiority. We are being left behind as Australians need to step up, present their arms for 2 shots and get our industry back on track.
It is up to you. Tell your friends – Tell your staff.
RESTRICTIONS CONTINUE FOR SOUTH EAST QUEENSLAND LGAS
The following restrictions apply to these LGA’s: Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Logan City, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
Mandatory mask wearing:
- Mask wearing is required in these LGA’s.
- You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave your home in these areas.
- Masks must be worn in venues but may be removed when seated for eating and drinking. Service staff should wear a mask.
- All indoor settings are allowed 1 person per 4 square metres.
- For ticketed and allocated seating events, you can continue to have 100 per cent capacity.
- All outdoor settings are allowed 1 person per 2 square metres.
Seated eating and drinking:
- Patrons are required to be seated when eating and drinking.
- Self-service buffets can continue to operate in all businesses.
- No dancing is allowed.
RESTRICTIONS FOR THE REST OF THE STATE
- All indoor and outdoor settings are allowed 1 person per 2 square metres.
- Masks wearing is not mandatory.
- Patrons can stand for eating and drinking.
- Dancing is allowed at 1 person per 2 square metres.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL
New Checklist replaces the Industry COVID Safe Plan:
- The requirement for Industry Plans has been removed. Restricted businesses must now comply with the COVID Safe Checklist: CLICK HERE
Note - This will be updated to reflect the current changes.
- Restricted businesses must ensure that a signed copy of the Checklist is displayed at the business premises.
- The Checklist replaces the Statement of Compliance.
Check In Qld app:
- Mandatory use of the Check In Qld app has been expanded to include all retail businesses (retailers, supermarkets, shopping centres or any business where the public ordinarily enters to obtain goods and services).
- This includes attached and detached bottle shops. Members are advised to register an individual QR Code for each retail outlet.
- For patrons using a drive-thru bottle shop service and not leaving the vehicle, no check in is required.
As always, please call the QHA Team on 07 3221 6999 for any assistance or clarification.