At 3:30pm on Wednesday the Fair Work Commission’s Expert Panel (Panel) handed down its Annual Wage Review Decision (Decision) for 2020-21.
The QHA can advise that a wage increase of 2.5% will apply to modern award wages and to the National Minimum Wage (NMW).
The Fair Work Commission has determined that the date the increase applies from will be delayed for some modern awards due to the ongoing economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020
For the Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020 the 2.5% increase will take effect from the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 November 2021.
Other awards with a delay in the increase operative date
The following awards that the QHA produces wage sheets for will also increase from the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 November 2021:
- Amusement, Events and Recreation Award 2020
- Hair and Beauty Industry Award 2010
- Live Performance Award 2020
- Registered and Licensed Clubs Award 2020
- Restaurant Industry Award 2020
Awards with no delay in the increase operative date
The following awards that the QHA prepares wage sheets for will increase from the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2021:
- Clerks—Private Sector Award 2020
- Joinery and Building Trades Award 2020
- Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2020
- Miscellaneous Award 2020*
- Plumbing and Fire Sprinklers Award 2020
- Vehicle Repair, Services and Retail Award 2020
* relevant for the national training wage.
National Minimum Wage
For those employees who are not covered by a modern award or agreement covered employees:
- The NMW employees will increase to $772.60 per week for a full time employee or $20.33 per hour.
- The increase represents a weekly increase of $18.80 per week or 49 cents per hour to the NMW.
The NMW increase will take effect from the first full pay period commencing on or after 1 July 2021.
New Wages Sheets
The QHA will prepare its wage rates and allowances guides for the modern awards listed in this article and will notify members as they are available. For those awards with a delayed operative date, the updated wage sheets will be made available closer to 1 November 2021.
You do not need to contact us to register your interest to receive updated Wage Guides when ready. As an ER bulletin subscriber (if you have received this email from the QHA), the ER Department will automatically send an ER bulletin, with a link to download the updated Wage Guide PDFs.