The Queensland Skilled Migration Program is currently open. The visa Program will come as welcome relief to many in our tourism and hospitality industry who are in desperate need of skilled workers. The Program will remain open until the nomination allocation (quota) is filled.
Under the Program, skilled migrants may work in Queensland under the Skilled Nominated (Permanent) visa or the Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa.
The Skilled Nominated (Permanent) visa is for onshore skilled workers and Queensland PhD graduates who wish to live and work in Queensland permanently.
The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa allows nominated skilled workers to live and work in regional Queensland for 5-years and is a pathway to permanent residency.
Skilled migrants holding either visa may undertake employment through:
- Work for one or more employers,
- Work at two part-time jobs, or
- Work in your own business as an owner or operator
Occupations include, but are not limited to:
- 351311 Chef
- 141111 Café or Restaurant Manager
- 141311 Hotel or Motel Manager
- 141999 Accommodation and Hospitality Manager
- 149413 Conference and Events Organiser
- 351112 Pastry Cook
- 351411 Cook
- 141211 Caravan Park and Camping Ground Manager
For more information contact Migration Queensland.