From 2021 the HR Manual takes a on a new, and easier to use format!
The QHA's Human Resources (‘HR’) Manual provides a “one stop” reference guide for policies, correspondence, position descriptions, discipline and termination letters and employment contracts. Challenging times during 2020 have confirmed the HR Manual as a valuable business resource.
Moving away from its traditional edition format where members needed to purchase an edition every time it was released to receive regular updates to it (for the life of the edition), from 2021, the HR Manual will be available to purchase as a stand-alone product for only $300 inc GST (member price). This price is reduced from the current cost of $365 inc GST per edition. Note: this new edition is in an electronic format that is delivered as a USB, rather than a hard copy manual.
Members wanting to receive updates to HR Manual content can then elect to subscribe, on an annual basis – at only $75 inc GST 2021 price – to receive all content updates in the calendar year period. Invoices for annual subscriptions will be automatically sent to those members with the HR Manual each year, and the subscription will last for that calendar year.
What If I have the 2017 Version?
Good news! If you currently have a copy of the 2017 version of the HR Manual, you do not need to purchase the HR Manual again. You will, however, need to subscribe for the 2021 HR Manual content updates.
Why do I need the HR Manual?
The HR Manual has been created to meet the needs of the hospitality industry employers and their employees, and is designed for easy implementation into the hospitality sector. All of the material is provided electronically so you can save it onto your system, ready to print out on your own company letterhead.
If you don’t have a copy of the HR Manual, or you have a copy from an edition earlier than the 2017 edition, you will need to purchase the HR Manual. The good news for you is that your annual subscription for 2021 is included in the HR Manual price – meaning you only need to pay $300 for this valuable resource!
I am not a financial hospitality venue member of the QHA
The purchase price for the HR Manual is $700 incl GST, and that includes the annual subscription for 2021. If you already have the 2017 HR Manual, your annual subscription for 2021 is $275 inc GST.
Contact QHA today to order your HR Manual!
The Manual includes pro-forma policies including:
- General HR policies to cover legal and operational requirements including Sexual Harassment, Anti-discrimination, Responsible Service of Gaming, Work Health and Safety as well as other legislatively driven expectations;
- Employment Conduct Policies including Fitness for Duty, Computer, Email and Internet Use, General Conduct, Out of Hours Conduct, Discipline, Hold-ups or Robberies, Personal Presentation, and Social Media use;
- Employee Entitlements Policies including Leave Entitlements, Meal Breaks, Training and Development, and Notice of Termination.
The Manual also contains template:
- HR correspondence including Award/Agreement-covered Appointment Letters, Warning and Termination of Employment Letters;
- Human Resources Forms including an Employment Application Form, Confidentiality Agreement, Employee Counselling Form, Leave Application Form and an Employee Grievance Form;
- Position Descriptions for a wide variety of positions in the hotel award streams such as Food and Beverage, Cooking, Kitchen, Guest Services, Clerical, Security and Front Office.