There are a number of things minors (people under the age of 18) CAN and CANNOT do while working in licensed premises.


Minors can serve liquor and attend gaming machines.

Minors can work behind the bar and sell and serve liquor with an approved Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certificate.

Minors can work in the gaming room and perform gaming tasks and duties on gaming machines with an approved Responsible Service of Gaming (RSG) certificate. 


Minors cannot operate TAB or KENO terminals.

Venues are not permitted to employ minors to operate or have oversight of TAB or KENO equipment. This includes the selling of bets and provision of winnings. Allowing a minor to operate or have oversight of TAB or KENO equipment is considered a serious breach of Tabcorp Policy, Licensed Venue Agency Agreements and the respective legislation.

When nominating a new member of staff for training, Venue Managers will be required to confirm that the staff member is over 18. Your staff members will also not be permitted to register for required TAB training if they are a minor.

Please contact the QHA if you need any clarification regarding the duties which minors may perform while employed in licensed premises.