EVENTS - EVERYTHING ER
The Employment Relations Department will be hitting the road over the next several months to deliver free IR training to Hospitality employers across Queensland.
The QHA Employment Relations Department has secured Queensland Government funding to deliver free education courses as part of its Workplace Rights and Co-operative Industrial Relations Grant. This is a free state-wide education program aimed at improving employer awareness of industrial relations obligations within the hospitality industry.
Employment relations can be a complicated and confusing topic for employers and this has only been magnified by the ever-changing employment landscape due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the extraordinary circumstances many businesses now face.
The team have identified several locations across Queensland to visit for 13 face-to-face training courses from November through to May 2021. These training sessions are free of charge and are open to all employers and those with staffing responsibilities in the hospitality workplace.
QHA membership is not critical – all employers are welcome to attend whether members or otherwise! Come along and learn from our experts about best practice to deal with a wide variety of employment matters and how to avoid some common mistakes hospitality employers have been facing.
The safety of all attendees is a priority for the QHA and all courses will be conducted in line with COVID-19 Safe guidelines.
- Brisbane: Thurs, 5 November 2020 - Click here to register
The Colmslie Hotel, Morningside
- Cairns: Wed, 11 November 2020 - Click here to register
Hilton Cairns, Cairns
- Gold Coast: Mon, 23 November 2020 - Click here to register
- Toowoomba: Wed, 10 February 2021- Click here to register
- Bundaberg: Wed, 24 February 2021 - Click here to register
- Mount Isa: Tues, 9 March 2021 - Click here to register
- St George: Tues, 16 March 2021 - Click here to register
- Townsville: Thurs, 18 March 2021 - Click here to register
- Mackay: Wed, 24 March 2021 - Click here to register
- Cairns: Thurs, 29 April 2021 - Click here to register
- Gold Coast: Thurs, 6 May 2021 - Click here to register
- Brisbane: Tues, 11 May 2021 - Click here to register
- Rockhampton: Thurs, 13 May 2021 - Click here to register
9am to 1pm (with catered breaks, and lunch to follow at 1pm)
FREE - Secure your free ticket today by following the link to book.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Employers and those with staffing responsibilities in the Queensland hospitality industry, regardless of membership with the QHA.
Experienced employment relations practitioners and advocates from the QHA’s Employment Relations Department.
Hotel Licensees, Managers and business decision-makers are invited to attend the annual Hotel Symposium. Featuring a full morning of educational presentations and leading industry experts - click here to register your attendance...
We're delighted to invite you to the QHA Awards for Excellence Gala Dinner to celebrate another outstanding year of achievement for Queenslands Hotel Industry.
Employment Relations Conference - Industrial Relations - What's next? Thursday 8 August 2019.
QHA & TABCORP RACE DAY Wednedsay 19 June 2019. Join us for an excellent day of networking with representatives of the
Queensland hotel, hospitality and accommodation industries.