It’s a new year and the QHA’s Employment Relations Department is warming up for a busy start as they continue to deliver the Everything ER training program across the state. From February to May, the ERD will be travelling to 10 locations across Queensland to deliver free Employment Relations training to hospitality employers.
2020 saw widespread disruption for many employers but few were so immediately impacted than the hospitality industry. With continuous change to both operational requirements and employment obligations due to health directives and changing legislation, hospitality employers have certainly had a lot on their plate.
Everything ER is a timely opportunity to brush up on valuable employment relations topics to ensure your hospitality business is best placed to respond to whatever the future may bring. This training session is tailor made by the Employment Relations Department for hospitality employers and, best of all, it is free to attend!
Sessions will cover the following topics:
- Sources of employment entitlements and what they are
- The main conditions of the Hospitality Industry (General) Award 2020
- How to ensure employer compliance, particularly following the criminalization of wage theft in Queensland
- Consultation and dispute resolution
- Employment contracts and other relevant documentation
- Policies and procedures
- Obligations of employees in the workplace
QHA membership is not required. Everything ER is ideal for any hospitality employer, emerging leader within a hospitality business or anyone with staffing responsibilities.
Time: 9am to 1pm with complimentary lunch to follow
Locations: (venues to be confirmed closer to the date)
- Toowoomba (10 February 2021)
- Mackay (24 March 2021)
- Bundaberg (24 February 2021)
- Cairns (29 April 2021)
- Mt Isa (9 March 2021)
- Gold Coast (6 May 2021)
- Brisbane (11 May 2021)
- Townsville (18 March 2021)
- Rockhampton (13 May 2021)
- Sunshine Coast (18 May 2021)
Registration: Follow this link to complete your free online registration.