Grants of between $1,000 and $30,000 are available for Queensland businesses affected by the state’s lockdowns between 31 July and 11 August 2021.
To be eligible a you must have:
- a turnover of at least $75,000 a year (and be registered for GST)
- had a 30 per cent or greater drop in business over seven days, including at least one full day during lockdown.
The Queensland and Australian Governments are offering COVID-19 Business Support Grants to help businesses across the state.
Grant amounts depend on the size of the business:
- sole traders and businesses without staff can apply for a $1,000 grant
- employing businesses and not-for-profits can apply for:
- a $10,000 grant if they have an annual payroll of less than $1.3 million
- a $15,000 grant for those with an annual payroll between $1.3 and $10 million
- a $30,000 grant for tourism or hospitality businesses with an annual payroll of more than $10 million.
More information about applying for these grants is available at www.business.qld.gov.au/supportgrant
Applications for the business grants are open until 16 November, and sole traders can apply until 30 November 2021.
Importantly, all eligible businesses who apply will receive funding.
Additional tourism and hospitality support
In addition to the COVID-19 grants, the State Government has announced expanded assistance for tourism and hospitality businesses throughout the state.
There is already $47.55 million available to the sector for COVID-19 lockdown support.
Now, businesses who have had drop in turnover of at least 70 per cent since July due to the lockdowns and/or the Queensland-News South Wales border closure will be able to apply for one-off grants of up to $50,000 through a $40 million tourism and hospitality sector hardship program opening in October.
To register your details to find out when applications open, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep an eye out for more information on the Department of Tourism, Innovation and Sport’s Tourism and Hospitality Sector Hardship Program page.
More support options are available at Business Queensland or call the Small Business Hotline on 1300 654 687.
You can also subscribe to the Small Business Connect newsletter.