DESCRIBE AND DEMONSTRATE YOUR HOTEL’S SUPPORT AND CONTRIBUTION TO RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING PRACTICE, ADDRESSING THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
- Management Commitment to Responsible Gambling: Provide evidence of examples which demonstrates commitment by your hotel business management to Responsible Gambling practice and the Code of Practice. This could be in the form of training, house policy or other practices which demonstrate leadership in this area.
- Code of Practice: Provide evidence
of meeting required standards across all six Responsible Gambling practices: provision of information, interaction with customers and community, exclusion provision, physical environment, financial transactions, and advertising and promotion.
- RSG Training: All licensed gaming employees involved in gaming tasks and duties to hold a current OLGR approved RSG certificate. Provide an example of Best Practice for other training – e.g. other relevant training, staff meetings, in- house training, contact or presentations by industry bodies or other professional organisations.
- Staff Knowledge: Detail resources, access to, and application of staff knowledge such as Customer Liaison Officer (CLO) training, Responsible Gambling Industry Training Kit, Responsible Gambling Resource Manual, awareness of venue CLO and their responsibilities.
- Patron Care: These may include: established links with local Gambling Help service/s, strategies in place to manage the service of alcohol in such a way so as to encourage breaks in play.
- Patron Care Promotional Literature: Detail use of Responsible Gambling signage, and other Responsible Gambling resources – i.e. Exclusions brochure, player information guide, etc.
- Marketing: Demonstrate adherence
to the Advertising & Promotions Guideline, and Guidelines for Player Loyalty Program (if applicable). Material should show a good balance of all facilities available at the hotel.
• Special Services Available for Patrons: Detail services provided to encourage breaks in play
SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT THIS CATEGORY:
Hotels that breached regulatory requirements within the past 12 months are not eligible to nominate for this award. Nominations for this award will be weighted - size of hotel vs. resources - to ensure a fair judging scale.