DESCRIBE AND DEMONSTRATE YOUR HOTEL’S SUPPORT AND CONTRIBUTION TO RESPONSIBLE SERVICE OF ALCOHOL PRACTICE, ADDRESSING THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
- Management Commitment to Responsible Service of Alcohol: Provide examples which demonstrate commitment by your hotel business management to Responsible Service of Alcohol practice and the Code of Practice. This could be in the form of training, house policy, participation
in local Liquor Accord Groups and activities, or other practices which demonstrates leadership in this area.
- Training/Staff Knowledge: Bar/ bottleshop staff hold a current OLGR approved RSA certificate. Provide
an example of Best Practice for other training – i.e. other relevant training, staff meetings, in-house training, contact or presentations by industry bodies or other professional organisations.
- Patron Care: These may include: established links with local transport service/s or associated businesses, strategies in place to manage the service of alcohol in such a way so as to encourage responsible consumption and minimise negative impacts on the individual and local community, Drink Safe programs, courtesy bus service, etc.
- Patron Care Promotional Literature: Detail use of Responsible Drinking information and resources – i.e.
Office of Liquor & Gaming Regulation approved signage: No More It’s The Law, Minors, in-house programs.
- Marketing: Demonstrate adherence to the Advertising & Promotions Guideline – advertising and promotions which don’t encourage the rapid or excessive consumption of liquor, and comply with Australian advertising standards.
- Special Services Available for Patrons: Detail services provided to encourage responsible drinking – i.e. free water (mandatory), consideration for designated drivers, availability of food at all times.
SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT THIS CATEGORY:
Hotels which have breached regulatory requirements within the past 12 months are not eligible to nominate for this award.
Nominations for this award will be weighted - size of hotel vs. resources - to ensure a fair judging scale.