This category is to reward a hotel employee (aged 30 or under) who has displayed professional excellence within the industry. This individual award is judged on on-going development undertaken by the individual, commitment to the industry, ambition and career aspirations.
Please note: Eligible finalists are encouraged to submit an updated CV with their entry. Alternatively, the CV submitted to the relevant state branch for their respective State Awards will be used to assist in the assessment of this category. The candidate must also be available for an interview via phone. The candidate will be advised of a time for this interview during the months of June or July.
** The employee must have been aged 30 or under at the time of their State Awards**
Judges will base their assessment on a range of areas including, but not exclusive to, the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge, expertise, interest, involvement and ambitions in the hotel industry;
- Examples of hotel education, formal and informal learning;
- Future aspirations within the industry;
- Contributions to the community or industry;
- Professional attitude;
- Information provided in the CV, and
- Recommendation letter from employer or others if available