This category recognises hotels offering quality accommodation and service at the level specified. There is a high emphasis placed on customer service and the quality and décor of the accommodation. The venue must offer a hotel bar on-site for patrons to enjoy.
Please note: Eligible venues must provide a voucher for two people marked “This voucher can be presented at checkout”. There should not be any reference to the “AHA” or similar anywhere on this voucher as finalists will be judged solely on an anonymous site visit. This voucher must be attached with the entry and must be supplied electronically. It should provide accommodation for two people and include breakfast.
Judges will base their assessment on a range of areas including, but not exclusive to, the following:
- Hotel Facilities, ambience and décor
- Accuracy of Reservations
- Customer service throughout the venue
- Guest Room facilities
- Bathroom facilities
- Housekeeping and general cleanliness
- Food and Beverage offerings at venue
- Breakfast offerings
- Environmental sustainability
- Telephone technique
- Hotel Bar facilities and service
- Overall customer experience