Good morning members and partners,
Unfortunately, 11 South East Queensland Local Government Areas (LGA’s) are heading into a snap 3 -day lockdown period from 4pm today (Saturday 31st July) until 4pm Tuesday 3rd Aug.
The 11 LGA’s are:
Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
PEOPLE IN THESE AREAS CAN ONLY LEAVE HOME FOR ONE OF THESE FOUR REASONS:
- To buy essentials like groceries or medications
- Work if you can’t do either from home
- Exercise locally
- Healthcare or to provide help, care or support.
Residents of these areas must also wear masks everywhere except at home.
HOTELS CAN OPEN FOR TAKE-AWAY FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Hotels can provide takeaway food and beverage services.
- There is to be no on-premise trading activity.
- Customers can order, pay and collect their take-away purchases from within the venue. Note – as people are required to wear masks outside, a ‘No Mask, No Service’ policy should be enforced.
Accommodation rooms are treated as residences for the duration of a customer’s stay. Guests should only leave their rooms for one of the four reason above.
If a guest chooses to, they can check out and return directly home if within the lockdown period.
Obviously, as an industry we have sadly been through much of this before and I recognise the strain this puts on you, your businesses and your staff. QHA will be following up with the Queensland Government regarding their hints at compensation for businesses, although I would warn you all to expect that this may take some time for an agreement to be reached between the Queensland and the Australian Government.
THE KEY MESSAGES THAT I TAKE FROM THIS LOCKDOWN ARE:
- No movement unless essential
- Stay home – don’t visit people of have visitors
- If you have symptoms get tested.
- For people travelling around the State who have been in any of the declared 11 LGAs since 1am, when you go home you and you’re your entire family need to stay in lockdown
- you can come home from outside the LGAs but then go straight into lockdown
- If you are over 60 and haven’t yet been vaccinated go and get your first vaccine
- If you are due for second dose go and get your second dose.
It is the only way we are ever going to rid ourselves of these interruptions.
Thanks and as always please be in touch with the QHA team (who will all be at home for the next few days).