The easing of restrictions are contained in the Chief Health Officer’s updated Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction (No. 8) – see the latest Direction HERE
The main changes are:
- All businesses may have 1 person per 2 square metres on their premises in outdoor areas.
- Patrons will NOT be required to be seated when eating or drinking.
- Up to 40 people at a time can dance at a wedding held under a COVID Safe Plan
- People can dance at year 12 school formals and end of year 12 events.
Other relaxations include:
- Events for up to 1,000 people no longer require a COVID Safe Event Plan and can operate under the Industry Plan or a COVID Safe Event Checklist
- Outdoor Stadiums at 75% capacity
Note - there are NO changes to:
- the existing 1 person per 4 square meters indoor density
- the collection of Contact Tracing Details
- 1.5m distancing between unrelated groups.
STILL TO BE RELEASED
UPDATED COVID SAFE INDUSTRY PLAN FOR HOTELS, CLUBS, NIGHTCLUBS AND ADULT ENTERTAINMENT
The updated Plan is still to be released. When available can be found HERE
The updated version will be titled STAGE 4 – 2020.
- Venues MUST have the Plan available for inspection including the signed Checklists for any applicable trading areas – Food and Beverage / Reception, entry and exit, offices and communal areas / Gaming rooms.
- The signed Statement of Compliance MUST also be on display.
OLGR will notify licensees when the updated Plan has been approved by Health.
Please contact the QHA for any clarification or guidance regarding Stage 4 trading (07) 3221 6999.