Dear QHA Members and Partners,
Updated information for South East Queensland:
This applies to the following LGA’s: Brisbane, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Logan City, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim and Gold Coast.
- Face mask wearing is required until 6am AEST Friday 30 July.
- You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave your home in these areas.
- Masks must be worn in venues but may be removed when eating and drinking. Service staff should wear a mask.
- There is no requirement for patrons to be seated when eating or drinking. Therefore, a person can remove their mask to eat or drink, whether they are seated or standing. They must resume wearing their mask as soon as practicable after finishing eating or drinking.
- Dancing is also permitted, subject to patron density and physical distancing requirements. There is no express exemption from mask wearing while dancing.
See the current requirements in the latest:
Restrictions for Impacted Areas Direction (No. 10):
All other restrictions for South East Queensland will be the eased to be the same as for the rest of Queensland.
TRADING Restrictions For THE REST OF QUEENSLAND
The current Direction from Chief Health Officer contains all the applicable trading conditions:
All indoor spaces are allowed 1 person per 2 square metres or 100 per cent capacity with ticketed and allocated seating.
- Outdoor areas can have an unlimited number of people.
- Mask wearing is not mandatory (unless in S.E. Qld as above).
- Patrons can stand for eating and drinking.
- Self-service buffets can continue to operate in all businesses.
New Checklist replaces the Industry COVID Safe Plan:
- The requirement for Industry Plans has been removed. Restricted businesses must now comply with the COVID Safe Checklist
- Restricted businesses must ensure that a signed copy of the Checklist is displayed at the business premises.
- The Checklist replaces the Statement of Compliance.
Check In Qld app:
- Mandatory use of the Check In Qld app has been expanded to include all retail businesses (retailers, supermarkets, shopping centres or any business where the public ordinarily enters to obtain goods and services). All patrons, staff and contractors should check in.
- This includes attached and detached bottle shops. Members are advised to register an individual QR Code for each retail outlet.
- For patrons using a drive-thru bottle shop service and not leaving the vehicle, no check in is required.
As always, please call the QHA Team on 07 3221 6999 for any assistance or clarification.