Our Industry is currently operating under the Stage 5 trading conditions - effective since 4pm on 17 November 2020.
The easing of restrictions is contained in the Chief Health Officer’s updated CLICK HERE - Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction (No. 9)
Current Stage 5 trading conditions relevant to our industry
- Total venue indoor and outdoor capacity increased to 1 person per 2 square meters (1:2m2)
- Dancing is allowed for all people attending a wedding or school formal
- Dancing is allowed for all people in outdoor areas e.g. beer garden
Other general easing of restrictions include:
- For seated venues, ticketed indoor events like theatre, live music, cinemas and sports stadiums can increase patron numbers from 50% to 100%
- Outdoor events can have up to 1,500 people attend with a COVID Safe Event Checklist
- Open air stadiums can increase seated capacity from 75% to 100% with a COVID Safe Plan
- Up to 50 people can gather in homes and public spaces across Queensland
Note - there are NO changes to:
- the collection of Contact Tracing Details
- 1.5m physical distancing between unrelated groups
See Queensland’s Roadmap to easing restrictions - CLICK HERE
Hotel Industry COVID Safe Plan
QHA is working with OLGR, Clubs Queensland, RSL’s Queensland and Queensland Health to revise and update the Industry COVID Safe Plan for Queensland Hotels, Clubs, Nightclubs and Adult Entertainment.
The intention is to simplify and ‘future-proof’ the Plan by removing prescriptiveness and unnecessary repetition. Once the Plan has been updated and approved, venues will be notified.