Accessible Tourism Infrastructure Grant
Funding to support the development and enhancement of infrastructure to make it more accessible.
The $8 million Accessible Tourism Infrastructure Grant provides funding support for sole traders, small and medium size tourism and events businesses to improve tourism and events infrastructure and accessibility.
It is part of the Queensland Government’s $12 million investment into the Year of Accessible Tourism to deliver a package of initiatives to enhance and develop accessible tourism projects and to raise awareness about accessible tourism experience in Queensland.
The Year of Accessible Tourism supports key actions in the Towards Tourism 2032 strategy.
Grants between $25,000 and $500,000 (GST exclusive) are available for the development and/or enhancement of existing tourism infrastructure or products to develop more accessible visitor experiences and enhance accessibility for tourism workers.
The grant will cover up to 25 per cent of the eligible project costs.
The key objectives of the Fund are to support projects that will:
- increase the number of tourism and events businesses that are delivering exceptional and accessible customer experiences
- have a positive impact for the community through improved accessibility to visitors
- support and provide opportunities to the tourism and events industry to make improvements to accessibility for visitors and workers with disability.
To be eligible to apply for funding an organisation must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN), an Australian Company Number (ACN) or exemption from these
- have an established operating base in Queensland
- currently operate in the tourism or events industry in Queensland
- have up to 200 full time equivalent employees, and
- be registered for GST or hold an exemption for GST.
Applying for funding
Applications will be managed through the SmartyGrants Portal, and will close on Wednesday 31 May 2023.
For more information, please see the Accessible Tourism Infrastructure Grant guidelines