From 6am on Thursday 15 April 2021 restrictions have eased across the state.
Our Industry is operating under the Chief Health Officer’s updated Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction (No. 18).
Our Hotel Industry COVID Safe Plan is still in the process of being updated.
Note: The CHO Direction (No. 18) prevails over the Industry COVID Safe Plan to the extent of any inconsistency.
Current Hotel Trading Conditions
- Total venue indoor and outdoor capacity is 1 person per 2 square meters (1:2m2) or 100 per cent capacity with ticketed and allocated seating ticketed and allocated seating means fixed seating where a patron is:
- given a record of their assigned seat number by way of a ticket; and
- remains in their assigned seat to the extent possible while they are present at the venue or event.
- Standing while eating or drinking is allowed, both indoors and outdoors
- Buffet food service must be staff-served. No patron self-service buffets are allowed
- Dancing is allowed in all indoor and outdoor areas, subject to the one person per 2m2 rule
- Vocal performers must be 2m distance from the audience. Choir performances must be 4m from the audience.
- Electronic collection of Contact Tracing Details is required for all persons attending the venue. Note: from 1 May must use the Queensland Government Check in Qld App
- 1.5m physical distancing is required between unrelated groups to the extent possible
- Venues must ensure they have enhanced cleaning processes in place.
See Queensland’s Roadmap to easing restrictions: