The QHA's Human Resources (HR) Manual provides a “one stop” reference guide for policies, correspondence, position descriptions and employment forms. The manual has been created to meet the needs of employers in the hospitality industry. The content is current and is designed to be implemented in any workplace within the hospitality sector. Purchasers receive a copy of the HR Manual in hard copy and electronic (USB) format.
In the event a replacement HR Manual USB for this edition is requested due to the copy being lost, upon confirmation of prior purchase of this edition of the HR Manual, a replacement USB will be provided at the cost of $125.00 plus GST ($265.00 plus GST for non hotel members). This does not apply where a previous edition was purchased as the current edition must first be purchased in full.
The Manual includes pro-forma policies including:
- General Human Resource Policies to cover legal and operational requirements including Sexual Harassment, Anti-discrimination, and Responsible Service of Gaming; Work Health and Safety as well as other legislatively driven expectations;
- Employment Conduct Policies including Customer Service, Discipline, Hold-ups or Robberies, Personal Presentation, and social media use;
- Employee Entitlements Policies including Probation, Sick Leave, Annual Leave and Notice of Termination.
The Manual also contains template:
- Human Resource Correspondence including Award/Agreement-covered Appointment Letters, Warning Letters and Termination of Employment Letters;
- Human Resources Forms including an Employment Application Form, Employee Counselling Form, Leave Application Form and an Employee Grievance Form;
- Position Descriptions for a wide variety of positions in the hotel award streams such as Food and Beverage, Cooking, Kitchen, Guest Service, Clerical, Security and Front Office.